There’s no denying just how much our cats enjoy delicious wet food, but it can be tough to separate the good from the bad in such a saturated market.
Some brands fill their wet cat food varieties with lots of by-products and fillers, make them less than ideal for your cat’s digestive system.
Thankfully, we’ve taken on the hard work for you, and found a few canned options that offer high quality products suited to your cat’s specific needs and tastes.
The 9 Best Wet Cat Foods
9. Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Cat Food Variety Pack
First on our list is a popular product from Fancy Feast. It’s one of the best canned foods you can get (otherwise it wouldn’t be on this list!) and here are the Cliffs notes:
- Made with real chicken, beef and turkey
- A great taste your kitty will love
- Complete and balanced nutrition
- Very good for your furry friend, again buyers have commented on their cats having shinier, silkier coats after using this food.
8. Meow Mix Seafood Selections Variety Pack
Meow Mix might have my favorite name of any of these brands, and fortunately their product isn’t half bad either.
- This variety pack comes with 3 flavors – Tuna & Shrimp; Salmon & Ocean Fish; Tuna & Crab
- 100% complete nutrition for adult cats and kittens
- Also comes in a poultry selection if your cat is more of a chicken lover.
- Great value for money
7. Wellness Grain-Free Canned Cat Food
An excellent product from Wellness, this time their famous grain-free variety, with a price to match. Here’s what you need to know:
- Comes in many flavors such as Fish, Beef, or Kitten. (That is for kittens in case you were wondering!)
- Grain-free nutrition for your cat, without excess calories and minerals
- Salmon Oil and Flaxseed to help maintain a healthy skin and coat
- Naturally-occurring micro-organisms to aid in a healthy digestive tract
- Contains no meat by-products, wheat, corn, soy, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
Wellness Core Grain Free Canned Cat Food, Chicken, Turkey & Chicken LiverPate, 5.5 Ounces (Pack of 24)
- CHICKEN, TURKEY and CHICKEN LIVER PATE: This natural, gain free recipe is made with cranberries and botanicals and fortified with vitamins...
- SUPERIOR INGREDIENTS: All of our wet cat food recipes include lean meats, healthy fats, fruits and veggies with no wheat, corn or soy, and...
- HEALTHY HYDRATION: Hydration is extremely important to a cat's overall wellbeing and since cats do not have a strong thirst drive, this...
6. Pro Plan Canned Cat Food
A very popular and well-respected brand among cat lovers. Here’s what you need to know:
- Helps prevent stomach upsets in your cat due to the nutrition and specially formulated ingredients
- Tens of thousands of happy customers and happy cats
- Excellent for urinary tract health in cats, with some tales of near-miraculous recoveries ascribed to this product.
5. Natural Balance Canned Cat Food, Indoor Formula
This product is a little on the higher end of the price spectrum. This is because of the specially formulated ingredients that contain only what is healthy and essential for your cat.
- No artificial flavors, color or bleached ingredients
- Highly rated with many loyal customers
- All Natural Balance pet foods have been developed by veterinarians and animal nutritionists, so you can’t go wrong with this choice
4. Tiki Cat Gourmet Whole Food
This is a really high quality product that sells well in our local kitty community. Here are the main bullet points:
- Whole Food Diet USDA certified for human consumption
- A biologically appropriate nutrient profile
- Protein and fat-rich with only 0-1-percent carbohydrates
- Contains no artificial flavours or additives
- The food in the cans looks like real pieces of shredded fish and a jelly like gravy – not processed chunks of some unrecognizable mush.
Tiki Cat Gourmet Whole Food 12-Pack King Kamehameha Luau 9-Flavor Variety Pack Pet Food
- GRAIN FREE WET FOOD – Rely on the delicious blend in Tiki Cats Grill to provide complete and balanced nutrition for your cat in any life...
- HIGH MOISTURE WET CAT FOOD – Count on the high moisture content of each can of Cat Grill to give your cat the supplemental water she...
- NUTRIENT RICH CAT FOOD - Real tuna is the first ingredient, giving your cat the nutrition she needs and the taste she loves.
3. Friskies Cat Food Classic Pate
Another popular choice that comes in a variety of flavors, guaranteed to entice your cat’s taste buds.
- It’s finely ground to a soft pâté which is nutritious and easy to digest
- 100% complete and balanced for growth of kittens and maintenance of adults
- Even picky cats love this food because of the variety of tasty flavors
- Unique flavors that often aren’t available in stores, and you get it delivered straight to your door!
2. Fancy Feast Poultry & Beef
Fancy Feast is a superb product with legions of devoted fans. The quality is as good as you can get without spending obscene amounts of money. The sauces are super tasty and the nutrition is balanced and suitable for cats of any age.
- Made with real chicken, beef and turkey
- Contains complete and balanced nutrition
- A great way to buy cat food without a trip to the store
- Contains smaller meat chunks, easy for cats to chew and eat
- Helps keep cats at a healthy weight because it is very nutritious and filling
- Cats having shinier, silkier coats after using this food
1. 9Lives Seafood and Poultry Variety Pack
Number 1 on our list and number 1 in our cats’ hearts! They wolf this stuff down, even our older moggy who normally has less appetite.
- Very nutritious, leading to shiny, silky, coats
- Superb value for money
- More of a soft pâté than thick chunks, which makes it very good for kittens and older cats.
- Large quantity means it’s long lasting and you can purchase less often
We hope we’ve helped you find something that will tickle the taste buds of your furry little friend. Remember that a cat’s health is the main thing to consider, so don’t be afraid to buy something a little bit more premium. Canned food might cost more, but you’ll save money on vet bills in the long run.
Note: Do you have a Bengal cat? Our friends at Pet Gear Lab have a great article about buying food for that particular breed.
Last update on 2021-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API